"I have not called you to a place, I have called you to myself."
I always remind myself of this quote whenever I am about to leave for some far off adventure, and am feeling really excited an anxious. One of my team leaders from when I was in the Middle East told be the story of his late wife Bonnie who was martyred by gunman who shot her in cold blood while she was volunteering as a nurse. Before the tragedy, there was a time in the couple's life when they felt like God had led them to go somewhere, and then closed the door. God spoke the above words to Bonnie, and he continues to speak them to me. Yes, he has called me to Japan, but more than that he has called me to Himself. There is so much more peace in that, because there is a lot less pressure on Japan to be a fun place, and on my friends there to be enough support for me. Japan is amazing, but it is another place with flaws, just like any other. My friends there are human, just like my friends here. (and I love you all so much!) But God is strong, God is love and He does not change. If he is calling me further up and further into his heart, what really do I have to fear?
Like Abraham, "when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going...For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God," here I go!
I've shed quite a few tears in the last few days, which I am very ok with, because this is a grieving process, and I refuse to pretend like it is not (even though I am very excited to go!). I said by the the family this morning and am in LA at the moment saying bye to the framily (friends who have become family=framily).
I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO GET TO TOKYO!!!! My first 3 days in Japan are orientation, but I'm sneaking away each night to visit friends, and I cannot wait to see them!!! So the adventure begins!!!! Just 3 more days.....
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment