“Look to the heathen without Christ, and you will find an altar…and may God help you to be a sacrifice.”– Warren Chastain (OMF Missionary to Thailand)
This past week has been the beginning of saying goodbyes. Realizing that I won't be seeing most of you for at least a year, maybe more, is so so difficult for me.
The above Warren Chastain quote reminds me that I have chosen to follow wherever God leads me. However, I want you all to know that the sacrifice that I hold dearest, and have the hardest time giving up, is not myself, but is your presence in my life. Your friendship, companionship and love are the sweetest thing in my life, and the hardest for me to surrender.
All the hours of laughs, inside jokes, stories, crazy adventures, heart-to-hearts, and tears are so precious to me.
The good thing is that I am not dying, I'm just moving overseas. Just a video conference or facebook post away!
And so, dear friend, the goodbyes continue. But I am so thankful that it is almost always "see you later" and not "goodbye." May we both grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior until we meet again. Hopefully sooner rather than later! <3
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love you girlee...we will miss you so incredibly much...but are so proud of you and can't wait to hear all the stories of your great big God adventure!!!
ReplyDeletelove and hugs...marla
<3 yay for not dying!!! love you much. see you later...
ReplyDelete