Today my boss told me that graduating from college is like having a baby. It's really scary, but you are so tired of being pregnant you just want it to happen.
A couple years back one of my Japanese friends told me that having a baby is like having a watermelon come out of your nose.
It follows, then, that graduating is like having a watermelon come out of your nose...
There is a feeling of panic, "what the crap is happening to me? WHY is there a WATERMELON coming our of MY NOSE!" And a feeling of desperation, "will I have enough energy to get the watermelon out of my nose?" And a deeper fear that wonders what the abyss left by the now-abscent watermelon will look like and how long it will take to heal.
But its exciting too. MMMMMMmmmmmm... WATERMELON!
You can't you keep a watermelon growing in your nose forever. I guess I have to graduate in 23 days.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment