Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm in Love.

Yes, its true. I'm in love.

I'm in love with late nights with my roommate.
Laughs with my housemates.
I'm in love with my dear friends.
Sitting on my front porch with a cold drink, watching the hummingbirds fly around our budding tree.
I'm in love with my kitchen; my handmade apron, fresh baked bread and company for lunch or dinner every day of the week.
I'm in live with my roses.
I'm in love with my bicycle, and our journeys together around the neighborhood.
I'm in love with the jacaranda trees that blossom this time of year.
I'm in love with my professors, not in a creepy way, mind you.
I'm in love with the way they make my brain hurt.
I'm in love with the papers that I write, not cause they are good, but because I care for them like a child, born after long hours of suffering.
I'm in love with Berry Cool and Boba-Ya, disc golf and Clark park.
I am in love with life.

Two weeks from tomorrow, I will walk across a stage in the direction of the library, get my diploma, and then make a sharp turn left towards my family and friends. That will be the last time I walk towards Biola's library. Life, as I know it, will be over.

But I will still love life. I will still love because all of these things are shadows, and the reality is Christ. As beautiful as this home is, it is not mine. Like Abraham, I will journey onward, "looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God."

That is not to say that I will not grieve. I have been taught, and have learned that the gospel has a sharp edge, and the cross is always dangerous. Its dangerous to my pride, my idols, my sense of control, and my belief that I can sustain myself and I am the builder of my own world. The cross calls me to come and die, to give it all up, to follow in faith. Scary? Yes. I will grieve, and I will miss. But scary? No. Would I have any of this, but for His providence? Would I have any of this, but that He took me by the hand and brought me here?

And as he takes my hand again, I will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment