Well folks, looks like I have a new home! I've never been there, but it will be my home in 2 months and 1 day.
I've been assigned to Yokkaichi City is the Mie Prefecture.
Where is that? you ask. Thats what I asked too. Check it out on google earth. It's a city of 313,000 on a bay on the pacific in central honshu (the main island).
Just a few tidbits:
Mie Prefecture is the home of the Ninja. Its where ninjitsu originated, and the Ninja museum is there.
Mie Prefecture is also the home of the biggest and most sacred Shinto Shrine in all of Japan.
I've never been to Mie Prefecture, but I have three friends that living in the area. And a million friends who will be somewhere within a two hour train ride during the summer. That should make the transition much more pleasant. A friend has already networked me with missionary couple that has been there forever, and they have agreed to show me around. My host family from Tokyo is coming to Kyoto in August, so I will be able to see them so soon! Also, another good friend from Tokyo's family lives close by, so I can see her and her darling little girl when they go to visit the fam.
Also, there is one other teacher working with the company that is in my city, which is quite a rarity. Maybe we will share housing? Or maybe at least we will be nearby? There are two others with the company in the area as well, but they don't have their city assignment yet. I've already been in email contact with one of them, as ASU alum named Cassi who sign off of her emails with things like "ta-ta" and "Ciao." I think we're going to be friends. :)
I'm very very thankful to be so centrally located, and am excited because I know that the people of that city are who God has chosen to be my friends and teachers and students. (BTW, I'm most likely going to be at a jr. high). I'm excited to meet them!
Having a new home makes it so much easier to get excited about going.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment